Saturday, October 3, 2009

Visit #5 (or 6?) to the Zoo

We are getting our money’s worth out of our Zoo membership. The rain finally stopped for a day last weekend and we went to see our animal friends. It’s been fun to watch the progression of Luke at the Zoo, from being unaware of/indifferent to the animals (and mostly asleep in the stroller) to being much more interested in them (though they are still less interesting than the other kids at the zoo). We also went to the petting portion this time, where he found the goats, sheep and pigs were more receptive to his grab-and-pull style petting than Frank and Grey. Still working on the “be gentle” thing.



with Mom and the goat


Luke with three tall friends


what a handsome lion cub!

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie. Glad to hear he's appreciating the zoo for more than the smooth walkways and quality nap time. He HAS come a long way from that first visit!
    -A. Robin

    P.S. DC has a pretty nice zoo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - I am signed in but still can't vote. I'm going with 23 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie KaraOctober 03, 2009

    It won't let me vote either. But my vote is 25 or over. I know Chunky Delicious was 16 pounds and some ounces at his August visit, so that's what I'm going with.
    Auntie Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that lion cub thing made me laugh out loud! hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete